Welcome to The Queen Mary Practice
We have recently introduced a new service to the practice. The service is called Enhanced Access and is being delivered by Healthbridge Direct, the GP federation in Redbridge, of which the practice is a member. The following information gives you a bit more information on what is available and how it works.
1. WHAT IS IT FOR?
- The Enhanced Access service is designed to offer pre-bookable appointments up to 2 weeks in advance.
- There are various EA hubs around Redbridge where patients can book into, based on their location and which PCN their practice is part of.
- The number which patients can call to book the EA service directly is 0204 506 8827 This number is open 18:30 to 20:00pm Monday-Friday and 08:00-17:00 on Saturdays
- Appointments are available for GPs, Nurses, HCAs and Pharmacist
- These appointments will be conducted as per your usual surgery appointments but at our Hub site at The Shrubberies medical centre, 12 George lane, London, E18 1BD (Monday-Friday) The Glebelands practice, 2 Glebelands avenue, London, E18 2AB (Saturdays) so you will most likely not see your usual GP.
- You will be asked which appointment you want when booking, please note that you can book various checks and health services with our fully trained Nurses , HCAs, pharmacists etc.
- Appointments are available for both telephone and face to face depending on the clinician – please check with the receptionist when you are booking if you wish a specific appointment type.
- Each appointment should be booked for one patient and one issue only
- The appointments are pre-bookable only and are not for patients who want an on the day appointment or have an urgent need for a
- consultation. That is the OOH/ Access Hub service.
- THE Out of Hours/ACCESS HUB SERVICE This is available for patients who have an URGENT need to see a GP face to face or to have a telephone consultation on the day. The number for this service is 02036494499
SCARLET FEVER/STREP A (IGAS) INFECTIONS ARE ON THE RISE. CLICK THE LINK BELOW
YOU CAN USE ACCRUX TO COMMUNICATE DIRECTLY WITH YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER.
Welcome to The Queen Mary Practice
With patient’s needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and New Patient Registration to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisation.
We are offering patients face to face consultations based on your medical needs.
Please be prepared to discuss brief details of your medical problem with the receptionist, who can then book you into the most appropriate type of appointment. This will either be a face-to-face appointment or a telephone appointment
Please book your flu jab if you are eligible.
Please remember that 999 and A&E are for emergencies.
Please help reduce infections, protect the NHS and keep each other safe by following the latest rules.
COVID VACCINATION BOOSTER PROGRAMME
WE ARE NOT GIVING COVID BOOSTERS AT THE PRACTICE
You will be contacted for your Covid booster from Healthbridge Direct.
HEALTHBRIDGE DIRECT - 020 4506 8833
For now we ask our residents to help us deliver this effectively to those who need it most by doing the following:
Wait to be invited for your vaccine – you will be contacted when it’s the right time to come forward so please don’t seek a vaccine before then;
Act on your invite and make sure you attend your appointments when you arrange them;
and of course,
Stay safe by following all the social distancing and hand hygiene guidance, which will still save lives.
You can find out more about the vaccine here:
Lateral Flow Tests and PCR tests
The lateral flow test is for people WITHOUT coronavirus symptoms (also called a rapid lateral flow test).
You can do a rapid test at home or at a rapid lateral flow test site.
- Do NOT use a rapid flow test to try to self-diagnose (or rule out) COVID-19 infection if you have symptoms (e.g. high fever, cough, loss of smell etc).
- Rapid flow tests do not provide confirmation of COVID-19 infection (though they might suggest it), nor do they absolutely exclude COVID-19 infection in the presence of symptoms.
You need to take a PCR test if you:
- have any symptoms of COVID-19, or
- your rapid lateral flow test is positive
You should self-isolate immediately in such circumstances and organise a PCR test:
No symptoms → rapid lateral flow test
Symptoms, or a +ve lateral flow test → PCR test
Booking Blood test Appointments
Community phlebotomy services links for patients to book their own appointments:
- Barking and Dagenham: https://www.barkingdagenhamccg.nhs.uk/Local-services/blood-tests.htm
- Havering: https://www.haveringccg.nhs.uk/Local-services/blood-tests.htm
- Redbridge: https://www.redbridgeccg.nhs.uk/Local-services/blood-tests.htm
Need to see a GP in the evening or at the weekend?
You can now book an appointment for urgent conditions usually managed by GP's during the evening and weekend by directly calling 020 3770 1888. The appointments line is open 2-9pm Mon - Fri and 9am -6pm Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays (Outside of the hours please call 111)These clinics are NOT a walk in system and are NOT for on-going chronic problems e.g heart disease, diabetes etc. You will be seen by either a GP or nurse practitioner by appointment only. The nearest surgery hosting this service is at Newbury Group Practice (40 Perrymans Farm Road Ilford IG2 7LE). . There other two Redbridge Centres are FullWell Cross Medical Centre (1 Tomswood Hill, Ilford, Essex IG6 2HG and Southdene Surgery, The Shrubberies London E18 1BD) for further information on appointments call on 0203 770 1888.
This surgery is a member of The Health bridge Federation who are providing this service.
Access and Parking
Disabled access is available to the side of the building near to the car park entrance. Disabled toilet and baby changing facilities are available.
There is a pay and display car park at the rear of the building. This belongs to Redbridge Council and not the surgery.
Zero Tolerance We do not accept any abusive or aggressive behaviour towards our staff. In line with NHS guidelines the practice may remove a patient from the list for threatening or violent behaviour.
"If I die it will be your fault"
The Institute of General Practice Management has launched a campaign to raise awareness of some of the abuse our teams face every day. While most patients are polite and courteous, our teams are having to deal with abuse daily and the abuse must stop. Featured on 5Live and BBC Breakfast, hopefully this will make some people think twice.
Click here to view the "If I Die, It's Your Fault" video
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
We are a forward-thinking practice team who are united in providing comprehensive care to all our patients whilst continually improving the way that care is best delivered.”
(Site updated 25/01/2023)