We have recently introduced a new service to the practice. The service is called Enhanced Access and is being delivered by Healthbridge Direct, the GP federation in Redbridge, of which the practice is a member. The following information gives you a bit more information on what is available and how it works.
1. WHAT IS IT FOR?
- The Enhanced Access service is designed to offer pre-bookable appointments up to 2 weeks in advance.
- There are various EA hubs around Redbridge where patients can book into, based on their location and which PCN their practice is part of.
- The number which patients can call to book the EA service directly is 0204 506 8827 This number is open 18:30 to 20:00pm Monday-Friday and 08:00-17:00 on Saturdays
- Appointments are available for GPs, Nurses, HCAs and Pharmacist
- These appointments will be conducted as per your usual surgery appointments but at our Hub site at The Shrubberies medical centre, 12 George lane, London, E18 1BD (Monday-Friday) The Glebelands practice, 2 Glebelands avenue, London, E18 2AB (Saturdays) so you will most likely not see your usual GP.
- You will be asked which appointment you want when booking, please note that you can book various checks and health services with our fully trained Nurses , HCAs, pharmacists etc.
- Appointments are available for both telephone and face to face depending on the clinician – please check with the receptionist when you are booking if you wish a specific appointment type.
- Each appointment should be booked for one patient and one issue only
- The appointments are pre-bookable only and are not for patients who want an on the day appointment or have an urgent need for a
- consultation. That is the OOH/ Access Hub service.
- THE Out of Hours/ACCESS HUB SERVICE This is available for patients who have an URGENT need to see a GP face to face or to have a telephone consultation on the day. The number for this service is 02036494499